free website stats program Stop Glasses from Fogging | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stop Glasses from Fogging

You know, I have not tried this yet, but I heard that if you put some Dawn on the side that fogs up and wipe it off without washing it off that it will not fog anymore. I plan on trying this out soon as my son and I are heading on down to Memphis next week.

OK you guys are going to think I'm crazy on this one but here it is....I rode snowmobiles for years when I was younger.....cheapest and best way to keep glasses clear under a full face or 3/4 helmet with a face shield is to use your spit! Yup....that's what I did for years. I kept an old pair of glasses just for riding.....spit on em and use a clean rag to "polish" a little. Had to do it 2 or 3 times a day to keep em from fogging but worked like a charm!!!!!

Here is another home version. I lived in northern IL for many years, and found if you use shaving cream on the lense it works. Have not done so in over 10 years so try it first, I dont know how much shaving cream has changed, but I don't want to give bad advise.

yep - spit's an old trick for scuba diving too. spit on the inner lens of your scuba mask, rub it in and rinse in the water - and you've got a fog free mask usually for your dive.

Back