free website stats program Stock HD clutch | Harley Davidson Forums

Stock HD clutch

USMCCWO5

HD Friends;
My question is about my stock 2007 FLHRC clutch. What is the maximum torque that it can handle (ballpark). I have about 103 ftlbs of torque and I think my clutch isn't up to the task. Does this sound about par for the amount of torque my engine is making? Thanks for any helpful advice.

The stock clutch leave very little margin for extra power and being able to hold it properly. If you do any upgrades it's smart to do some clutch upgrades also.

Here's a good alternative and Hippo is a stand up guy that used to work for short block charlies.

Hippo's VPC

If you dyno'd the bike and it didn't slip you should be OK.With that much torque it will be obvious when it goes south.Many say the clutch is good for 100 ft lbs.You there dood.

Yep, feels like a huge hole in powerband, just slips away when the torque is peaking. I am installing a Rivera Pro-Clutch before I head to Sturgis. Anyone have any comments about the Pro-Clutch?

If you dyno'd the bike and it didn't slip you should be OK.With that much torque it will be obvious when it goes south.Many say the clutch is good for 100 ft lbs.You there dood.

Unfortunately, I did have the bike dyno'ed with the stock clutch. I think this will affect the numbers I got. 88/103

Do you think the clutch would affect these numbers. Hate to pay again, but could just be happy with it and assume they are a little low?:small3d007:

Sure it affects the numbers.Unless you need tuning it'd be a waste of money to dyno it again.you happy with how it runs or are you and your friends having a horsepower war?I love to start harsepower wars.Good money in it.

Sure it affects the numbers.Unless you need tuning it'd be a waste of money to dyno it again.you happy with how it runs or are you and your friends having a horsepower war?I love to start harsepower wars.Good money in it.

I am winning the horsepower war. It is a war against my wallet. My wallet conceded defeat.
Yes, I am very happy with the way it runs, smooth like butter. I am getting the new clutch today. My friends don't even understand why I have spent all this money on my motor. Two-up, steep incline, headwind, etc...
I guess once you start with the horsepower it never ends.

Got my bike back with new clutch and tire. Well, I am very happy. The hole in the power band is gone. Pulls the front tire off the ground and scorches the rear one.

Back