free website stats program Stock cruse control | Harley Davidson Forums

Stock cruse control

Have had my 08 glide for 2 days and overtightend the cruse control, do I need to replace it or just take apart the throtle controler and ????? put it back togeather or what??

Could you explain what it was that you overtightened?

I'm a little lost on this too Glider. To my knowlege the electronic cruise control on an 08 glide has nothing to tighten?? Unless your talking about the little star shaped goody on the bottom of the throttle control but didn't think the 08 had those.

I'm a little lost on this too Glider. To my knowlege the electronic cruise control on an 08 glide has nothing to tighten?? Unless your talking about the little star shaped goody on the bottom of the throttle control but didn't think the 08 had those.

I don't think any bike with cruise has them.

I just yesterday had a HD Cruise Control installed on my 2005 EG Standard. Works like a champ, and mine does not have the little start shape adjuster on it either. My question is how much slack is there suppose to be at the throttle grip. I have not alot, but more that what use to be there, and I was told that there would be more than normal because of the cruise control installed. Anyone have any idea on the amout of throttle play?

There's more than normal with the cruise on a bike because of the roll off switch in the cable. It needs some slack in order to operate properly.

There's more than normal with the cruise on a bike because of the roll off switch in the cable. It needs some slack in order to operate properly.

Thanks Glider. I didn't know that. I just got the Harley Davidson Cruise Control installed yesterday, and man it is awesome. I also go the Oil Pressure Gauge and Air Temp Gauge installed. Not sure what is up with the Air Temp Gauge thing. Don't know why you would need one. I did notice that they did not change out the Oil Sending unit. I thought they would have changed that out? I guess the one that is on the bike works.

I don't get the air temp guage, either. Is it measuring the air coming off the heads to tell me how hot my legs are getting? It can't be measuring the oncoming air from the road, because mine always says it's around 100* even if it's cold out.

(Thread hijack.....) I was thinking about swapping it out for the compass that is supposed to fit in there. Has anyone actually seen one of these? Does it work? I know I don't need it anymore than I need an air temp guage, but at least it might do something remotely useful.

Back