free website stats program Stinkbugs under heat shields | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stinkbugs under heat shields

They arrived in the states in 1996 from Asia, not sure which country. I believe they hitched a ride in a container that came into port Newark.
As for the bugs themselves, if you kill one, it releases an odor that will attract more stinkbugs. The look prehistoric.
Read it in the Newark Star Ledger. I had tons of them in my garden this year.

They came from China

I went out to my bike about a month ago now, took off down the road with my helmet (modular) flipped up, pulled it down and a stink bug was crawling on the inside of the shield, put it back up in a hurry and headed to the gast station to take get it out. Then at work flung 2 off my jacket.

NOW - The reason, some geniouses released a bunch of these on the east coast to kill some other critter that was taking over, since the stink bugs eat them, hence all the problems on the east coast with them now. It happened somewhere near DC cause my in-laws had a really bad attack of them. They sell a spray that keeps them out of the house, which you want.

It was said that it is winter so we should be done with these...WRONG...Now they are going into hibernation, so finding where ever they can bury themselves for the winter, so watch out.

Also, as was stated do NOT step on them, as their odor attracts other stink bugs.

I`v tryed everything to kill them, short of stepping on them. Now i put them in a jar take them to the bathroom and flush`em :bigsmiley12:

Back