free website stats program Stereo upgrade | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stereo upgrade

That is exactly why I posted that warning, HogTunes will not honor the warranty if you have a problem. Now, if the seller is an authorized dealer and has an eBay store, that's something different, I would assume.

That is exactly why I posted that warning, HogTunes will not honor the warranty if you have a problem. Now, if the seller is an authorized dealer and has an eBay store, that's something different, I would assume.

I just carefully read the Hog Tunes site and here's the reason of warranty.
H.T. is located in Canada, when they warranty a product, it costs them to get the faulty product back across the border, so they PREVIOUSLY let the customer keep the faulty product and asked that it be destroyed. Of course, more than a few people opted to make money off the faulty products. :(
Yes, a reputable ebay store is different, so I would buy from them.

I just upgraded my stock and dated HD radio (the thing had a cassette player) with a Sony Stereo and adapter from Biketronics.
As part of the upgrade, I upgraded the rear speakers with speakers from the local auto stereo shop. I was bemoaning the cost of the amps on motorcycle sites to the sales guy at the stereo shop. He said they just got in a bike 4 channel amp for $150. Much less than the $400-$600 other places want for a 4 ch amp.
Just a thought you MAY see what the local guys have for bikes.
Steve

After a search and compare, I went with Hogtunes front speakers and 2 ch amp. Due to the cigarette lighter not being live from factory I ran the speakers only for a bit. It sounded better, but no help over 75 mph. After I got the amp working, it was better up to 80. Then I added the lowers kit, but still only 2 amp which uses the factory radio power for the fairing speakers and the amp for the lowers. Great sound at any sane speed with some ok bass (and I'm a bass player).

Just after I got it working HT came out with an improved bass system (figures). I talked to them and they said I might want to consider upgrading to the 4 ch amp. Long story short, I'm not changing my current setup, it is a vast improvement and I'll only upgrade if/when the current system fails.

After a search and compare, I went with Hogtunes front speakers and 2 ch amp. Due to the cigarette lighter not being live from factory I ran the speakers only for a bit. It sounded better, but no help over 75 mph. After I got the amp working, it was better up to 80. Then I added the lowers kit, but still only 2 amp which uses the factory radio power for the fairing speakers and the amp for the lowers. Great sound at any sane speed with some ok bass (and I'm a bass player).

Just after I got it working HT came out with an improved bass system (figures). I talked to them and they said I might want to consider upgrading to the 4 ch amp. Long story short, I'm not changing my current setup, it is a vast improvement and I'll only upgrade if/when the current system fails.

You should have got the J&M system you would have been 10 times happier. Hog Tunes just doesn't compare to J&M IMO.

I went with the Arc Audio 250 watt amp with 4 Focal PC 165 6.5" speakers (2 in the fairing with 6.5 adapter rings and 2 in the lower fairings with speaker pods). The volume and clarity are amazing and easily heard at hiway speeds. I would recommend this setup for any touring bike, you would not be disappointed.
:D

Back