free website stats program Starter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Starter

Been thinking about this a bit more--I used to own a Ford 6 cylinder car that was notorious for starter problems.The starter solenoids were mounted on the side of the starter right next to the 'Block and the massive ammounts of heat produced by these motors used to cause almost 100% malfunction rates.Turn the key and "Click" was all you'd get.

Funnily enough,the way to start it was to gently tap the solenoid and starter a few times to free up the bits inside---

I dont know where the H-D starter solenoid is located:i'd have to move 2 cars and both bikes to create access to the garage cupboards and my manual ;and i'm feeling lazy-but as these things produce the same excessive heat mayhap starter and/or solenoid have heat stroke?

In my opinion the reason this is a problem has nothing to do with bike being a Harley or costing $18,000.00. It all has to do with the lack of empathy from the servicing dealer. And when you purchased bike, you purchased the extended warrty based on having all points covered should you run into a problem. Because of the way your situation is being handled it just adds insult to injury.
So my suggestion would be to try another dealer and get a second opinion.

Back