free website stats program Stalling issue | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stalling issue

@glider and Breeze - Thanks for the info. I will try. Is the hold shown in the service manual. that is my bible as I am not a wrench

Look for IAC in your index (section 4) It gives you an idea of where it is, but the hole is not shown. It's the only one at 12 o'clock in front of the butterfly. When you squirt the cleaner in the hole, you can see it come out behind the butterfly if you are holding the throttle open.

Look for IAC in your index (section 4) It gives you an idea of where it is, but the hole is not shown. It's the only one at 12 o'clock in front of the butterfly. When you squirt the cleaner in the hole, you can see it come out behind the butterfly if you are holding the throttle open.

Thanks Brother. I will let you know how it goes. I recently changed back to the K&N RK cleaner kit. Maybe some dust got in there or something. Maybe I need to clean the air filter? Its been a while and it sat for the whole winter.

Eddie31770,

Did you use the Power Comander control center and "0" the throttle on the Power Commander after the bike was warmed up? If not, might as well check the 100% throttle too, while your at it.

Eddie31770,

Did you use the Power Comander control center and "0" the throttle on the Power Commander after the bike was warmed up? If not, might as well check the 100% throttle too, while your at it.

I actually forgot to 0 and 100 my throttle. Could that make a difference really?

Eddie31770,

Absolutely. Everything runs thru the ECU, the throttle position sensor (TPS) tells the ECU how much the throttle plate is open along with the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor. Couple that with the Crank Position Sensor (CPK) that tells the ECU what the timing vs rpm needs to be... This tells the ECU how much "electricity" to shoot to the injectors to either give more or less fuel... If your throttle position is off, it can cause stalling issues, idling issues, cruising issues, pretty much cause issues through out your rpm range.

Is this 0 and 100 TPS only a Power Commander feature? I thought I'd read all of my S.M. and don't remember that info.

Back