free website stats program Stage1 Air Filter Service | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage1 Air Filter Service

Bikergeek

I purchased a used 2008 150th Anniversary FLSTC with 4600 miles and it appears to have the Stage 1 upgrade kit. The filter looks to be a K&N type filter and I want to know;

1. If it is a K&N filter
2. Does it require the same cleaning and oiling like standard K&N filters.
3. Where is the best place to get the K&N filter kit?

Your help and any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Advanced Auto Parts carries them, I have found Harley to be cheaper on the cleaner kits:s

pic of it as there were 2 different styles in 08

Since you asked for pics, I have included several. I spray painted the metal orange since it was showing some signs of rust and orange was the only color I had laying around.

I cleaned it the best I can and then painted it. But if you look closely at the macro pic of the wording on the air filter, it obviously is not a K&N filter. This filter is a "dry type filter element. Do not oil".

So, is this filter washable or just disposable?

Anyway I washed it and now I have it air drying installed on the bike sitting in the garage. No oil was used. I will see if the filter survives the washing when I am ready to roll.

Attachments

• air_filter1.jpg
    air_filter1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 26
  • air_filter2.jpg
    air_filter2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 26
  • do_not_oil.jpg
    do_not_oil.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 28
That looks to be the cleanable filter but it doesn't get any oil like the K&N as it suggests in the pic.

Generally if they were oiled at some point, they will have a red/brownish color to them.

Back