free website stats program Stage One | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage One

skcm2006

I have been reading on this forum about Stage One (pipes, Tuners, and Air). And I thought for $1,200 that the dealership was quoting me was it really worth it? So I talked to the dealership again and I decided to make the leap - I put on Screaming Eagles, the SERT and the Stage One air filter.

I took it easy on the short ride home and I really didn't notice too much difference because I also took it in for the 5K service and I wanted to go over the bike before romping on her. I did the TCLOCKs, looked at the new tire, checked all the fluids and did a wheel to wheel inspection.... all looked great. So this morning I went to work and got on a stretch and romped on it - OMG! Who woke up my sleeping pony! It had a LOT more giddy up and go. I could not believe it. I when I got into town I found that below 10mpg I did not have to feather as much and felt no sluggishness at all. :D

So was it worth the $1200 - every penny - like many said before - I wish I had done it sooner!

BTW, the pipes are the perfect sound I was looking for... I could not be happier with this mod.

One question though - they gave me this orange plug in looking thing - what the heck is that? Is the the SERT?

Congrats on your new stage 1 set-up, I did the same with Rinehart pipes.
Not sure about the "orange plug in looking thing" My race tuner is black with orange letters that say Screaming Eagle Performance Parts.

One question though - they gave me this orange plug in looking thing - what the heck is that? Is the the SERT?

Yep. Be sure to save that.

If I may ask. Would you be able to break down that $1200 you paid. I wanted to see what each part of the stage 1 costs. Tks!

SE pipes were $369.95 (part number 80721-09)
SE Stage 1 Kit $139.95 (part number 29260-08)
EFI Super Tuner - SE Pro $459.95 (part number 32109-08B)
Muffler Clamps - 2 Ea $15.98 (part number 65296-95A)

** Total Parts $985.83
** Labor $180.00
** Sales Tax $69 .00
** Total out the door - $1,235.78

The performance and the sound of my bike - Priceless ;)

Back