free website stats program Stage one down load on 103b ?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage one down load on 103b ??

How does the Vied compare to the Dobeck TFI? I see it's a little cheaper, but not enough of a $$$$ savings if the performance is not as good. Looks like the installation is much easier, but can it richen up the AFR as much as the TFI? Still looking to do something to my bike, but haven't decided yet which way to go. Rode 350 miles yesterday and my right leg was cooking. Need to add a hi flow a/c but have to add some sort of tuner at the same time.

The ViEDs only work in closed loop; idle or cruise. When in open loop, the AFR returns to the factory setting; lean. ViEDs are better than nothing and suitable only for a Stage I upgrade; anything more and a more sophisticated fuel management system is required. For a few dollars more that the ViED, one of the Dobeck systems is a much better choice. JMHO.

Vieds arrive on Monday ! However I will consider Dobeck for next upgrade.

Btw , I believe once installed Vieds can have a very modest effect on open loop or wot as well , due in part to the learning aspect of the ECM.

tc,
Ez

Got a/c K&N and vieds installed and all the flat spots in the 103b are gone !

Runs great , cooler and faster ...

tc,
Ez

Back