free website stats program Stage one crank vent | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage one crank vent

Timman

Just installed a SE stage one air kit, and a TFI tonight on my 09 FLHRC, and was just sitting here thinking about the crank case vet. On the stock air box there were two rubber crank case vent tubes that plugged into hollow back box bolts, which allowed the gases to be vented into the intake. But on the new SE kit the two hollow bolts were replaced with two solid bolts that hold a bracket that supports the new air kit hardware. Does this block the gases from venting? Or am I missing something? And if it does, will it hurt anything?

Thanks! Hobbit I was laying in bed thinking about it all night, and was going to go out this morning to take it apart again to have a look, now I won't have to, V&H Monster ovals slip-ons are in on Friday to complete my stage one, and the weather looks good for Saturday.

They come with a new manifold gasket, and the larger SE air filter has a rubber seal on both edges that seal it between the manifold bracket and the outer trim cover.

They come with a new manifold gasket, and the larger SE air filter has a rubber seal on both edges that seal it between the manifold bracket and the outer trim cover.

I was wondering about the banjo bolts?

They come with 4 rubber o rings, 2 for each of the 2 bolts, one on each side of the bracket that the bolts goes in.

Back