free website stats program stage one back to OEM exhausts | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

stage one back to OEM exhausts

plus the HD man that delivered the bike told me it appears to have had the stage one done.

"Appears"...
It would be nice to know how the fuel portion of the Stage one was done to start with. I have heard everything from doing nothing at all, to doing a downloaded dealership map, to running a Ton more worth of enrichment.
The HD man telling you it "appears", sure doesn't tell you much.

well heck, come to find out my pipes DO have baffles. I did not think so, but, after seeing a few baffles on the internet, and looking inside again, there are baffles inside. My problem is that the OD of the baffles - same as ID of pipes, is only about 1/4" more than the ID of the baffle. IE: the baffle if out of the pipe would be about 2-1/2 inches OD and 2-1/4 inch ID - thats why I thought there was no baffle. Exactly what good is a baffle where the inside is hollow like a piece of pipe. seems to be a piece of pipe stuck inside the pipe??

Bill

Bill, if you can remove these baffles do so and take a good look at them then compare them to what you have found on the Net, there are a lot of good choices out there for your bike:s

"Appears"...
It would be nice to know how the fuel portion of the Stage one was done to start with. I have heard everything from doing nothing at all, to doing a downloaded dealership map, to running a Ton more worth of enrichment.
The HD man telling you it "appears", sure doesn't tell you much.

Thanks for the reply Hoople - and you are so right, but at the time I didnt know what a 'stage one' on a harley was.

Bill, if you can remove these baffles do so and take a good look at them then compare them to what you have found on the Net, there are a lot of good choices out there for your bike:s

Thank you too Jack, I only want to quiet it down a smidgen. I thought it has 'straight' pipes 'till now. But some baffles are not much more than straight pipes.

Bill

I have Vance and Hines Big Shots which had the stock "Baffles" in it. I say "Baffles" because they are straight through. I bought the Quiet Baffles and my performance went right down. Turns out I have a 95" engine with a cam and it had way too much restriction. Started out with 76HP and 87lbs of torque and went back to the stock baffles and went up to 82hp with 90lbs of torque. The bike gets up and goes now. I had an 05 Dyna with a Power comander and stage1 airfilter with FI. Changing the stock exhaust to SE slip on mufflers was the way to go. Stock exhaust I feel is way too restrictive.

Back