free website stats program stage 1 question | Harley Davidson Forums

stage 1 question

I am new to this forum. I am looking at buying a street glide and have priced them at a couple of different dealers. I am confused because at both of them I priced the bike with a stage 1 kit using rush slip-ons and SE stage A/C (part# 29260-08). One dealer quoted needing a SE pro super tuner (part# 32109-08A) and dyno time to program it correctly and the other priced the parts with no dyno time and no pro super tuner. In both cases I told them I was more interested in HP and torque gains than just sound. Which dealer is right?

In most cases the dealer will tell you that if you stick with the SE A/C and the SE slip-ons, you shouldn't need to retune the EFI. If you change to the Rush slip-ons you may need to do a retune, but you don't HAVE to use the SE super tuner. The super tuner is simply an interface between a laptop computer and the ECM on your bike. It allows them to download new "maps" to your ECM. You can accomplish much the same results with a much lower priced TFI unit that actually stays on the bike (unlike the SE super-tuner) and allows you to fine tune the EFI to your own specs. The basic differences between the 2 systems is the super-tuner is software based and the TFI unit is hardware based. Do a search of TFI in the self help section for more info.

Back