free website stats program Stage 1 HELP !!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 HELP !!!

DANNY MC

Hi,new member here,also new to harley(former sportsbike rider)so please be patient.Looking to change exhaust on my 09 Heritage classic,V&H most popular over here so been lookin at big radius,but not sure if its the right look for a heritage ??,also gettin conflicting reports on fuelpacks,HD dealer say too many probs with them so they using HD race tuner instead ?,im more interested in look and sound(want it loud) than an extra couple of hp,any asssistance would be great,p.s im no spanner head so dealership will be doin all the work.
sorry if this been asked before,cheers anyway people,Danny Mc

Cheers for reply mate,yeah u right ref big radius,have plumped for the V&H long shots,also the HD super charger to smooth it all out,screamin eagle filter,so should be ok,booked in 27th july,cant wait,thanks again for advise,Danny Mc

Hiya fellas,it seems there will always be some who have no probs whatsoever,and others who do,i knw it all comes down to personal choice,but plumped for HD super charger and see how it goes,cheers again for replies,much appreciated,take it easy

Hiya Hobbit,yeah it is a "super charger" reckon they no longer use the fuel packs,checked with a couple of independent guys in the northwest,Will Burrows,hogfather,they say there is such a thing £400,supposed to be the dogs,time will tell eh,will post when fitted,see ya:s

Done alrite there then eh £400,hey maybe i need my ears cleanin out,checked the website you posted,dont think its that one do you,they(mcr,leeds HD)deffo described it as super charger? i would imagine that for that price its a power commander of some description,will give them a call monday and get proper info,as i said previously,this is my first HD so not quite upto speed,cheers again for info.

As Hobbit says, a Supercharger is an expensive belt driven affair which requires top end mods to keep engine from self destructing and quite expensive, hence the big push in the 80's for Turbochargers which used impeller in the exhaust to spin at extremely high speeds to pressurize intake, at a much lower buyin price. Some bikes you will recall came out with them before safety concerns put a damper on the fun. :s

Also the longevity of motor, turbo mechanicals came into question as did the dreaded lag between rolling on the throttle to pinning your ears back acceleration was a matter of seconds, proved to be it's undoing. But rush was similar to the "cammy" rush of older triples and inline four metrics back in the day...very nice indeed! :D

Back