free website stats program Stage 1 download necessary? | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 download necessary?

Daytrip

I apologize if this has been answered--and I'm sure it has. I'm fairly new and still learning.

I have an 08 Ultra. I have SE slipons. If I add TFI or SERF and do the stage 1 air kit thingy, is the stage 1 download necessary--or does the fuel manager take care of business?

Thx for the help.

Alan

I apologize if this has been answered--and I'm sure it has. I'm fairly new and still learning.

I have an 08 Ultra. I have SE slipons. If I add TFI or SERF and do the stage 1 air kit thingy, is the stage 1 download necessary--or does the fuel manager take care of business?

Thx for the help.

Alan
I found this in another post. Is this my answer, Glider?

Re: Stage 1 Download Questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer your questions in the order they were posted.

1. The download changes the parameters of the map in the ECM. It does not however give you a perfect fuel ratio like you mentioned, it will still be lean. I also raises the rev limit and some timing changes also. It over writes what is in there now in certain areas but does not replace the map that is present.

2. I agree with don't waste your money on a download. Get a tuner of your choice and do it that way.

If you run the TFI, then NO the download isn't necessary. I run mine that way.

Good for you checking around! :D

Back