free website stats program stabilizer | Harley Davidson Forums

stabilizer

RUSHMORE_14

do i need to use fuel stabilizer? how much gas should i leave in the tank? when should i use the battery tender? thanks.......

How often do you ride in the winter, is you're garage heated? I would use a good fuel stabilizer for sure unless you ride everyday and with the new electronic's & security systems the battery tender is a must, plus it will extend the life of your battery. If the bike sits in the garage a week or more, I would have the tender plugged in.

do i need to use fuel stabilizer? how much gas should i leave in the tank? when should i use the battery tender? thanks.......

I'm guessing wou plan to let the scoot hibernate for a bit so stabilizer = yes, top off tank (full) to avoid corrosion/condensation & plug in tender anytime the bike sits for more than 1-week.

Also, good time to change all fluids (engine, tranny & primary) b/c they have properties that could cause harm while sitting (acids, fines, etc.) & make sure bike's clean & protected (wax/pledge & cover). If you search, glider has posted tips on bike storage.

Thanks......just took it out today to fill 'er up. any suggestions on stabilizer. gonna check gliders info 2night

I always use a fuel stabilizer and battery tender in the winter in Big Bear,but this year I found something better...I bought a 2nd house in Bullhead City,Az Now I can ride all year.. $6.00 stabilizer...ride year around...priceless!!!

Back