free website stats program squeaky front brakes | Harley Davidson Forums

squeaky front brakes

99rk

hi folks i ride a 99 rkc and i changed the front brakes afew months ago and they started squeaking all the time, so i reebuilt the calipers and it stopped for about a month now it is slowlly comming back any suggestions

To prevent brake squeal i coat the backplate of the brake pads with copper grease (anti seize) it dampens the harmonic vibration and the squeal goes away

Brian

You can also angle the rear edge of the pads a bit with sandpaper on a flat surface. I have also heard of swaping the rotors from left to right to remove the squeek.

To prevent brake squeal i coat the backplate of the brake pads with copper grease (anti seize) it dampens the harmonic vibration and the squeal goes away

Brian

They make stuff especially for brakes comes in a tube & easy to use. That's what I've used to coat the back of the pads and the pins that some brakes have for allowing the pads to slide on.

Any auto parts store would have it.

Brian

I also now use the copper antiseize. I beveled the edges once and it did not help.

zactly what they said,,coat back and pins with brake pad grease at your favorite auto store,,or bike,,i also think the pins use a different grease then pads,,check this first,,,:newsmile036:

Back