free website stats program Squeak in front . | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Squeak in front .

Thanks for the links.
I will take your suggestion and do more extensive service on the bike , but right now I only got a few days riding time before it snows, and you know, new bike, not much time to ride, vs. all winter to do service on her.

If you check the adjustment of the rear belt & adjust to specs the squeak should go away. I had what sounds like the same kind of squeak & i cured it with said adjustment on my ultra classic.

Yep, I am thinking that is where it is now.
I checked the maintenance for the 1000 mile check and most of what was covered by the dealer at 1000 miles should pretty well cover everything that needs doing for more mileage also.

Rubber mounts for the mufflers, under the bags. Lube them up.... try wd40 first (won't tend to drip on the pipes as oil will), normally gets rid of the squeak at idle. I know sounds a bit off, I was convinced the source was from the front of my Ultra, my buddie was tightening his heat shield clamps constantly trying to get rid of the noise. A little shot of lube, noise gone! :)

Thanks for all the great suggestions,

As it turned out it was a simple fix. I took the bike in to the dealership for 1000 mile service about 2 weeks ago and they had the drive belt with 1 inch of deflection. After adjusting the belt to specs and checking the rear wheel alignment. No more squeak.

Back