free website stats program Sputtering, dying and now not running | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sputtering, dying and now not running

Sorry, I was thinking it was FI.

Did you check for any build up or water in the bowl when you did this? You obviously had the carb open???

Yes, there was no water. Just a little FYI, while I was waiting, I read your information you wrote on the ckp sensor (self help info and tips). It really sounds a lot like what is going on and that maybe now it's running off the MAP so that's why it's running so bad. I know that they replaced it at the dealership (supposedly) but I had read a few times about them going out several times. Do you know anything of this?

They have been a few bad ones but no reason for it to go out repeatedly. Have you checked it with a meter to see if it is triggering?

I don't take to heart what the dealers say, they have a tendency to tell stories sometimes (some of them).

May be worth a look to remove it and clean/inspect it for metal filings.They collect them like the VSS does.

I already cleaned it and inspected it. I checked the meter and I'm not getting any voltage to the sensor (CKP).

I checked all the fuses too.

Back