free website stats program Spring.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spring....

It's going to be in the mid to upper 50's & SUNNY here this weekend. Already have the bike washed & sparkling. Have added a few new chromies, so can't wait to get it out in the sun to see what it really looks like. To the guys/gals up north, good luck on your weekend weather. I'm already ramped up just thinking about being in the wind

40s here by the weekend, alot of snow to melt off, hopefully get the bike out in a few weeks. I wont ride it til we get some really good rain to wash all of the salt off the roads. bike rides, baseball, and fishing is right around the corner. I can smell it.

I did hear a mourning dove this morning....I guess there is hope. Seems like the winters just get longer & longer.

I am sure this has been posted many times already, but I can just feel spring right around the corner. My Dyna SuperGlide T-Sport is just aching to get out on the road, and I am aching to be there with it. Problem is.... we just got a dusting of snow and North Fond du Lac just poured about an inch of salt on the road..... *sigh* I guess I will be waiting longer.... :(

Waiting on the sun here in Michigan also. I am anxious to get back on the road but at the same time, I don't want to rush it, I want conditions to be right.

I have been to Fond Du Lac many times and I know how the winters can be up there!

This sounds like a bad case of "cabin fever". It is like the shingles, but not as itchy, only time will cure it. And it just may come back late next fall!
WAP.gif

I feel your pain. Here in SJ we can usually manage to ride all winter but due to 5 feet of snow since December, it has been hard. We never see this much snow, I think last year we had a total of about 8 inches and most of that came late in like April. I did take a short ride yesterday, but like you said we are covered in road salt and the pot holes are just incredible. We are also underwater, there are many roads and homes that are flooded, people that have lived here 50 years can not recall anything like this. The public works have been out the past few nights pumping water off peoples properties and off the roads, it is a mess. Does not help that we just got another storm last night. Comon spring!

I saw a chart on the news the other day that said Philadelphia has had 78 inches so far this year and that the normal snowfall is somewhere between 15-18 inches. I was driving south on I295 yesterday and I must have seen 6 cars pulled over with flat tires from all the potholes. Stay safe - Bob

Went out today, it was the first sunny day after all the snow melted away. We`ve had a day or so of rain inbetween so I hoped for the best and took a short chilly ride. Nothing much, maybe 50km.

New goggles worked perfectly for shielding my eyes from the cold (Bobster Bugeye II). None of the mods gave in so that`s something too ey :)

Take care,

I`m back to the garage now to give it another rinse ;)

Back