free website stats program Spray water trick | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spray water trick

Wouldn't spraying some carb cleaner in there accomplish the same thing??? At least carb cleaner is combustible.

Water expands at about 1600 to one when it turns into steam inside the combustion chamber. It's this expansion that will remove the carbon over something like carb cleaner that would just combust like gasoline.

so if I was to use a spray bottle on mist setting , even if it didn;t help the the occasional misfire I'm getting , it really would not hurt any thing and may actually help by removing some of the built up carbon in the bike . You guys are like Harley mechanic dictionaries . :D

It wouldn't hurt a thing.

Wouldn't spraying some carb cleaner in there accomplish the same thing??? At least carb cleaner is combustible.

The cleaning ability comes from Steam and NOT an explosive burnable mixture...

signed....BUBBIE

BUBBIE The cleaning ability comes from Steam and NOT an explosive burnable mixture... [/QUOTE said:
Just thinking out loud here, but what if I were to take a steamer and direct it into the carb with the motor running. Wouldn't that be better to have the steam going into the motor than water in a liquid form??? Or would it not make any difference??? Seems like steam would compress easier, so no risk of hurting anything inside the motor.

Just thinking out loud here, but what if I were to take a steamer and direct it into the carb with the motor running. Wouldn't that be better to have the steam going into the motor than water in a liquid form??? Or would it not make any difference??? Seems like steam would compress easier, so no risk of hurting anything inside the motor.

I don't think the mixture of Just Steam would be enough to Crack the carbon OFF the inners...
I will stick to My tested and True way that works for me.... I invent a lot of things but to RE invent one that works already ???

signed....BUBBIE

I think it is more the reaction of the water turning to seam and the sudden expansion that does the cleaning of the carbon

Brian

I agree with BUBBIE. Let's not make this more difficult. It's an easy process that works, let's not reinvent the wheel:D

I don't think the mixture of Just Steam would be enough to Crack the carbon OFF the inners...
I will stick to My tested and True way that works for me.... I invent a lot of things but to RE invent one that works already ???

signed....BUBBIE

Not trying to RE invent it, just "improve upon it". Actually I've never heard of this before today and its got my mind wondering about it. (no work and it's pouring here will do that). And just think where technology would be today if no one ever tried to make an invention better. :D

Not trying to RE invent it, just "improve upon it". Actually I've never heard of this before today and its got my mind wondering about it. (no work and it's pouring here will do that). And just think where technology would be today if no one ever tried to make an invention better. :D

I thought you guys were in a drought?

Guess all that water they have in the mississippi would be a lot better shared Where it is Needed..

Good luck playing with the steam and or water,,,, You'll Not have Any carbon left in your bike and need to use a few others...

Maybe a New business to start... Decarbonizing HD's..... You do it Behind closed doors for 50 $ a bike and I don't even need a finders fee for the suggestion.. Take care :D

signed....BUBBIE

You can probably drop an octane or two now that you have the c/r lowered. Think of the money that you might save by buying cheaper fuel.
Ken

When I was a mechanic for 16 years we used to do this all the time to cars that had carbon build up. Most were carborated at that time.

I have also seen little peices of carbon get stuck in the gap of a plug and cause misfires.

Back