free website stats program Spray In Bed Liner | Harley Davidson Forums

Spray In Bed Liner

HDDon

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Just bought a new truck and it came with a plastic drop in liner. Anybody have a spray in liner? Does it get slippery when wet? How does it age?

The lining can be applied from a kit or go to shop that specialize in this "Rhino Lining" and others here in California...very popular.

Plastic liner inserts type is known to scuff the paint right of when dirt and grit get trapped or washed in between like sandpaper over time...the hidden rust soon follows if the liner shifts around a bit.

HDDon; actually these liners "grip" when wet or dry. Got mine done 2-yrs ago & love it. Things don't slide around in the back & don't have to worry about the scratched look w/your bed. Also, I had them run the liner over my rails like a bed cap so the tops are protected too. Here's how it turned out:

Attachments

• IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 28
The new spary in liners are the only way to go if you use your truck as a truck at all do it.
The lay in liners just trap water and cause more rust

Exactly & the rust starts quickly...bought my 06 Colorado in 07 w/4K miles and there was rust along some of the corners & top rails when I had it sprayed in May 08. Doesn't take long at all & wash my vehicles pretty regular, however NE does use a ton of salt in the winter.

I have had mine for 11 years and still looks good. It is very durable and as said before not at all slippery. Mine is a Rhino Liner. Get er done.

i have mine done like icemans . im in construction and haul lots of differant things including kerosene heater and have spilled fuel and still not a problelm,also haul lot of scaffold with not a tear in it yet very durable.mine is also rhino linings,picked them over linex liners because they were less slippery

Thanks for all the responses. I wasn't sure if I needed to get this done or not. After all the positive posts I will call Tuesday to get a Rino liner sprayed in. Iceman I really like the look with the top of the bed included in the liner. If rino offers I will get it color matched if they don't want an arm and a leg extra. Thanks again everyone, I knew I could count on the members here to give it to me stright.

Back