free website stats program Sporty Runs Then Quits | Harley Davidson Forums

Sporty Runs Then Quits

rocketron19

Hi I have a 1999 883 sporty hugger, I can start her up and she will run for about 3 mins then shuts down, If I try to restart it backfires once then there is no spark, unless I turn the ign off and on then she will start and run for about 3 mins again.Can anyone help:bigsmiley25:

We really need more information on your bike. Have you had any mods. done to the motor? Are you running stock ignition? What is the last thing you did to your bike, add or take off?

Welcome to this Forum post #1......

What Don Said NEEDED...

I owned from New, a '95 883 and made it into a BEAST by using 10.5X1 Weisco pistons made for that conversion to 1200... Rebored my seasoned cylinders...

From a 3" bore to a 3.5 " bore. Used the same Stock 883 heads and stock head gaskets....and that gave me Lots of Compression....

Man,,,,,MAN..... I Still can feel all that POWER.... Nothing touched my bike for the first 80+ MPH... Not One of my friends Hoped-up Evos .. Saw them all in my rear view mirrors.

Memories.......:small3d005:

signed....BUBBIE

HD99XLH011.gif
HAVE A look here at item 10, it is possible it is getting hot and breaking down, try blowing some compressed air on the outer cover to cool it down just for grins

Yes I was woderin if it might be the ign module but because of the price was hopin its not don't know how to check it out

Yes I was woderin if it might be the ign module but because of the price was hopin its not don't know how to check it out

Try the compressed air next time this happens, laso wiggle the wire harness where it exists the cover, look for wear and burn marks. You can check for voltage to the coil when this happens, if there is NO signal until the unit cools down you have found your problem

After market cam sensor plates are available. They will be yr. & model specific. Biker's Choice, Drag Specialties, & JP Cycles to name a few. You also have options for different types of ignition including good ole Points.
tourbox

Back