free website stats program Sportster to a Softail | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster to a Softail

I went from a 750 Honda Shadow to a Softail. I wasn't sure I would be able to manage the much bigger machine but couldn't pass up the deal. After just a few miles of getting used to the difference I found the Softail easy to maneuver and manage through tight turns. It feels natural now after a partial summer of riding. Now I can't recall just what I was worried about. The softie is a dream to ride. I'll never go back!

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with me. Hate the thought of giving up my Sportster. But I'm ready to move up to a different ride. Also my girlfriend is a little cramped on the back of the Sportster. Thanks again!

Rode a 1200 SE for 7 months before trading it in for my softail, main reason sporty just not a good 2up bike, like your gf, my wife felt cramped. The change to the softail was incredible, sat in the bike instead of on, lower center of gravity, did not carve like the sporty, but an easier bike to ride for me. Sometimes I do have to check if she still back there.

Back