free website stats program Sportster odd sound? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster odd sound?

Sounds like a sportster to me I would go and drag mine out of the shed and run it just to be sure but it is too cold too windy and too dark at the moment :( but sportsters do make some sounds of their own best thing to do if find another similar bike and compare the sound to be sure

Brian

Yeah there are a ton of sportys around here, problem is, I don't know any of the people that own them lol, and when i see them, they are usually wide open and knees to da breeze. All the riders I know ride the big twins.

But from the responses I've gotten, it's a normal sound. It was just really odd to me, because I'm not used to a motorcycle making so much noise. Then again I'm used to metrics and sport bikes. their engines are much smoother and quieter. Thats what made me think it was odd.

Jack has been a great big help as usual. Dude sure has a lot of knowledge to share and I'm greatful for it, so Thank you Jack, Kudos my friend. I would try to give you rep again but it won't let me :p

Yeah there are a ton of sportys around here, problem is, I don't know any of the people that own them lol, and when i see them, they are usually wide open and knees to da breeze. All the riders I know ride the big twins.

But from the responses I've gotten, it's a normal sound. It was just really odd to me, because I'm not used to a motorcycle making so much noise. Then again I'm used to metrics and sport bikes. their engines are much smoother and quieter. Thats what made me think it was odd.

Jack has been a great big help as usual. Dude sure has a lot of knowledge to share and I'm greatful for it, so Thank you Jack, Kudos my friend. I would try to give you rep again but it won't let me :p

Thanks for the Kudos, this is why we are all here to help and share, my pleasure , now get out and ride and STOP worrying, you have a well built machine:s

Most metric and sport bikes have water jackets which will muffle any engine sounds also they have gear primary drive and overhead cams so much less components to make the sounds
Harleys use a very old engine design that has been updated to make it more reliable and allow for larger capacity engines however still uses all the old noisy bits and for me that is part of the charm of these bikes

Brian

Thanks for the Kudos, this is why we are all here to help and share, my pleasure , now get out and ride and STOP worrying, you have a well built machine:s

Always, Jack! Glad that I don't have to worry lol. now that I KNOW its normal, I won't worry anymore, I may even begin to like these sounds lol. I am jealous of your Streetbob. God I wanted one badly lol. Not in my price range, yet....

Most metric and sport bikes have water jackets which will muffle any engine sounds also they have gear primary drive and overhead cams so much less components to make the sounds
Harleys use a very old engine design that has been updated to make it more reliable and allow for larger capacity engines however still uses all the old noisy bits and for me that is part of the charm of these bikes

Brian

Brian, Thanks. I have come to realize this, lol. I had no idea there were more sounds to a Harley than just the exhaust note you hear from down the street. Now I know, lol. I'm glad too. :p

Brian, Thanks. I have come to realize this, lol. I had no idea there were more sounds to a Harley than just the exhaust note you hear from down the street. Now I know, lol. I'm glad too. :p

You have to remember the comment thats made about Harleys and John Deere tractors.... There are both like farm machinery cause they both sound the same...:p
Plus the fact its 100 year old technology.......:s

You have to remember the comment thats made about Harleys and John Deere tractors.... There are both like farm machinery cause they both sound the same...:p
Plus the fact its 100 year old technology.......:s

I never really thought of it that way. I guess just cause it was made in 2006 doesnt necessarily mean the technology is that new...

Back