free website stats program Sportster Makeover (part2) | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster Makeover (part2)

Flashback

We got the Backbone extended and the down tubes redone. We got the jockey shift and the front end on. Now we move on to the tank remount and front brake then all the little finishing touches. So here are a few picks of where we started and where we are now. will post the final pic when everything is done. Enjoy

Started with this...........
DSCF1576.JPG

Went to this..................
sportchop2.jpg

Where we are now..........
sportsterfrontend.jpg

9-26-08_010_26904733_large3.jpg

Lre me know what ya think

foot clutch that's why I decided to put on a front break I've lost a little of my adventuresnous in my old age lol :D

Wow, I think it's going to be one fine machine. Can't wait to see the finish product. Great job!

Started life as a 97 883 I bought used with 10,000 miles as a project bike. I did a 1200 rebuild on it about a year and a half ago. Since it just sits in my shop as a spare for when the others are being worked on we decided to do a mid 60's "chop" on it this year and make a bar hopper out of it and next year we are debating taking it to a 90" and jamming a 6 speed in the box.

Last edited:
That is a mighty fine looking upgrade to a 60's chopper. Hmm 90" w/ 6 speed is now starting to deliver on the performance angle, even better than the "modest performance and cosmetic mods" done so far...can't wait! :D

Started life as a 97 883 I bought used with 10,000 miles as a project bike. I did a 1200 rebuild on it about a year and a half ago. Since it just sits in my shop as a spare for when the others are being worked on we decided to do a mid 60's "chop" on it this year and make a bar hopper out of it and next year we are debating taking it to a 90" and jamming a 6 speed in the box.

Thanks for the response. Sir what you are doing is the "real deal". I envy folk that have the talent to create in the manner that you do...and the pipes, look awesome on that scoot. Thanks a heap for posting this thread.:)

Thanks for the nice comments. Glad you are all likeing my project bike. I know that the old style of chopper is not to everyones taste nowadays but I am stoked about going back to my roots and building it. Can hardly wait to get it off the operating table and ride it....

Thanks for the nice comments. Glad you are all likeing my project bike. I know that the old style of chopper is not to everyones taste nowadays but I am stoked about going back to my roots and building it. Can hardly wait to get it off the operating table and ride it....

IMHO Your project is going from a craft...to pure art form! Bonified, fortified, certified.:s
I wish I was on the sidelines watching with delight!

Back