free website stats program Sportster Exhaust | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster Exhaust

Sure does. It opens up the main passage through the muffler and reduces backpressure. You'll notice a loss in torque too if you do it.

Sure does. It opens up the main passage through the muffler and reduces backpressure. You'll notice a loss in torque too if you do it.

No thanks :s, Very happy with how she's singing and running with my SEIIs on Stage 1. Was just wondering and thought that would be the answer. Thanks for answering my query tho' :D,

OK, y’all let me clarify my statement. I did just a bit more than remove the plug or plate, I removed the whole baffle, shortened it and turned it around then reinstalled it.

Just “drilling out” or removing the plug or plate will do nothing more than create a set of quasi drag pipes, and yes I tried that too and yes it lost the low end. By removing the entire baffle and shortening it, when the exhaust enters the muffler from the head pipe it will expand inside the muffler body before being compressed again and forced out the exhaust side of the muffler. What is created is a sort of expansion chamber of sorts. The low end power is still there in abundance. Take a look at the megaphones of years gone by, we used them on the Triumphs and Nortons all the time. Let that gas expand!

This 1200 will pull strongly from 2500 on up. I reworked the carburetor by using the 180 main, a 45 slow, but that may be too rich I may go back to the 42, and I used the CV Performance needle, and emulsion tube and polishing the slide.

Think I'll go with the Screamin Eagles. I had them on an "02" FXDL and liked them. And, if they have the EPA approval stamp I won't get harrassed when I ride in the Denver area. Thanks for all the info!

Back