free website stats program Sportster Crash Bars | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster Crash Bars

Yeah... last year I was waiting on a downhill slope in Malibu to enter Pacific Coast Highway. I began heading out of the drive but when I looked again traffic was upon me (as it's a highway) so I decided to stop and wait. When hitting the front brake, on a slope that was already pulling me to the left, the gravity yanked me to the ground. If it hadn't been for my highway bars I would have busted a leg for sure. I did break 3 ribs from my handle bar hitting my side. With broken ribs I could still get around and function. In fact I rode the bike home. If 600 ibs would have landed on my left leg I know it would have been a different story. The bars also saved my hard bags. I love all the extra chrome and I love knowing my legs are more protected in most situations. I don't feel like an idiot telling people this either. I've seen plenty of BIG guys drop it under better circumstances than mine. It's the worst thing ever when it happens but... it happens. Hopefully only once in a life time :}. I understand the look of a sport bike would probably be more hip without them. A friend of mine put the "black powder coated" bars on her nightster. That's a great look and gives it a tougher vibe. To each his own!

I've seen the pix of your scoot and it's a honey - you really don't want to damage that! Or, as you say, your legs either. Ride safe :D:D

Engine guards for road bike or Frame sliders for sport bikes the function is not just a "big" bike, but to prevent big time damage during a tip over, or prevent the bike from going all the way over crushing the rider's legs or worse.

They may look bulky, but can be made to blend in, or with highway pegs, add a position to stretch way out if you get cramps on a long ride. I have the Lindby model that works, though the high footrest is too far away and the aircleaner on the right interferes with it.

Ahhhhhhh wonderfulllllllll but in Italy tooooooooo expensive. 320 € ......... mmm..about 390 US$

Granted...but I got mine on closeout in-store discount. You might want to try E-bay or the like.

Yep. Great deals to be had on ebay.:D

I fitted the Fehling bars to my XL883 today and I must say they look pretty good. They take a little bit away from the "sleekness" of the Sportster but on the up side - there's a little more acreage of nice chrome to Pledge and they add a bit to the safety factor. They went on really easily although working out the German instructions took a little longer than fitting them :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
ive got a german translator here the only problem is that she has no tecnical understanding she would be able to read the instructions but wouldnt understand what they mean

Brian :D:D

Back