free website stats program Spokane Wa. to San Diego Ca. route | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spokane Wa. to San Diego Ca. route

I'm from Sokane too, and years ago we took a camping trip to San Fran. and went down hyw 1. Great trip for the for the veiws of ocean and little tourist towns. That is one of my future plans on the bike. The climate is mostly the same all the way just a little wetter than a inland route from the marine influence. Enjoy the ride.

Joel, 2nd Hwy 1 Pacific Coast Highway, if it is too wet or cold you can go inland into Gold Country; or continue on Hwy 1 South then go inland for Redwood tree or river excursions; or continue on Hwy 1 South then go inland into the Napa/Sonoma wine country; or continue on Hwy 1 South then go into the Bay Area, get some excellent seafood (clam chowder, cracked crab and real sourdough french bread is to die for); or continue on Hwy 1 and explore Big Sur and Hurst Castle...and you get the drift...just so many things to see and do, the time will go before you know it, with technical swervy roads to keep your sport riding skills in the game! :small3d026:

We now will leave sat May 30th and take 3-4 days to get to San Diego. Follow the coast as much as poss. we found a couple of spin offs to take through national parks. If you know this area please give feed back. In the Padres Nat. Forest, hwy 166 e. to 33 s. to 150, 126 e. to I-5 s. to 210 than into San Gabriel Mts. on hwy 2, Angeles Crest Hwy. This looks like a nice ride on the map, to 138 and on to I-15 an down to San Diego, the idea is to go around LA.

can ya take me with ya? sounds like a great trip, i can't wait to do that run. i lived in long beach as a kid and have some friends there. going around LA sounds like a good idea. lots of sights to see in the surrounding country. you'll like it. hope ya have good weather.

We are riding from Spokane to San Diego mid June and thinking of highway 395 south to 15 in ca. and in to San Diego. My ? is about temp. Is 1 route hotter than the other? My other option is 95 to Boise, 84 to Twin Falls s. on 93 to Las Vegas on to 95 to Yuma on to 8 west to San Diego. I have taken highway 5 before and found it very boring. Both these routes will take longer than on a major freeway but we want to see more than someones bumper for 2 1/2days.

the 395 is a very nice ride. not too hot

We now will leave sat May 30th and take 3-4 days to get to San Diego. Follow the coast as much as poss. we found a couple of spin offs to take through national parks. If you know this area please give feed back. In the Padres Nat. Forest, hwy 166 e. to 33 s. to 150, 126 e. to I-5 s. to 210 than into San Gabriel Mts. on hwy 2, Angeles Crest Hwy. This looks like a nice ride on the map, to 138 and on to I-15 an down to San Diego, the idea is to go around LA.

Joel the road is washed out on Hwy 2 it will not take you to the 15 the road was washed out 3 or 4 years ago and has not been fixed. you will need to take the I5 to the 210 to 15. be safe

SR 2
[IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
IS CLOSED FROM ISLIP SADDLE TO 5 MI WEST OF BIG PINES (LOS ANGELES CO)
- DUE TO STORM DAMAGE - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

ALL TRACTOR-SEMI TRAILER COMBINATIONS WITH 5 AXLES OR GREATER ARE
PROHIBITED FROM THE JCT OF I 210 /IN LA CANADA-FLINTRIDGE/ TO THE
ANGELES FOREST HIGHWAY (LOS ANGELES CO) - ALTERNATE ROUTES ARE AVAILABLE

Thanks for the up date, I will start to revise our route tonight, Didn't know it was a long term closure, kept hopping it would be reopened by the time we got there. It really helps to have people like you letting us know the whole story. Cal dot didn't say much other than it was under repair for the wash out.

166 to 33 you can drop down to PCH to santa monica, then take 10 to the 5 to 74 ortega hwy to 15 to SD thats what I would do. if you have time stop at deer lodge for lunch in ojai. Best on a sunday.

Last edited:
Well Joel after a 225 mile fact finding ride Hwy2 does run to the 15 it looks like they completed the bridge and now you have a 66 mile ride of cuves and trees, skip newcombs ranch food not that good

@trip - 20090523172753
take a look

Last edited:
Hey great pic's looking forward to this part of the trip, 2 days away and can't wait. Looks like this is a popular ride with all the bikes at the parking lot.

Back