free website stats program Speedometer Off | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedometer Off

It is not the speedometer that is off it is the delay time on the satellite hook up . Go by your speedometer & all is good .

With a location accuracy of 12 feet or less, I don't believe satellite delay would have that much of an effect on the GPS recorded MPH. You can verify this when you're passing a location and the GPS is registering almost perfectly where you are, even at a high rate of speed.
JMHO
:USA

Ive been lead to believe that a speedometer should show the correct speed to within 10% accuracy however its an offence for a manufacture to have a vehicle that shows the speed to be less than your actual speed so with a brand new set of tyres most vehicles will be doing 2 to 3 mph less than an indicated 60 mph as the tyre wears the slower you are actually going as the rolling radius reduces
so its all normal and not any moco conspiracy

Brian

Yea, I wouldn't count on the gps being dead accurate at any given moment.
I don't know about that, there's several different radar signs around here and my GPS always shows the same speed as the sign.

I have a TOM TOM Rider 2 & when I put it in my pickup truck it shows my truck speedometer to be 3-4 mph off . 2 speedometers reading about the same difference :dknow :33:

All I know is I drive by a radar sign every day on the way to work and every time the sign says I'm going exactly the same speed as my GPS says. I have also driven by 2 other ones on opposite sides of town and they both said I was going exactly as fast as my GPS said. So I figure, Accurate or not A radar gun is what the cops use so if I go by what my GPS says I should be fine. You can also find a lot to debate the accuracy of a radar gun but their readings will stand up in court before your speedometer does.:s

GPS Data Used To Disprove Radar Gun In Speeding Trial | Techdirt

Back