free website stats program Speedometer is way off | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedometer is way off

My 2010 RKC is off by just about the same amount as yours! My wife's bike is pretty exactly and she thinks I am tooooo SLOW! :bigsmiley15:

They are some tuners that you can recalibrate the speedo with just don't make sence to pay $4 to $5 hundred to do this. Not sure if dealerships have away.

Oh and by the way....knowing that the speedometer is "off" I decided to check the odometer. There is a measured mile marked off on Rt 88 just north of Binghamton, NY and guess what. I registered 1.2 Now, even when my bike says I've gone 7200 miles, in reality I've only gone 6000. With this in mind, my last bike was 7000 miles over actual mileage. Just something to think about. That and with the price tags we see, you might expect the instrumentation to be accurate, at least I do.....did.

Oh and by the way....knowing that the speedometer is "off" I decided to check the odometer. There is a measured mile marked off on Rt 88 just north of Binghamton, NY and guess what. I registered 1.2 Now, even when my bike says I've gone 7200 miles, in reality I've only gone 6000. With this in mind, my last bike was 7000 miles over actual mileage. Just something to think about. That and with the price tags we see, you might expect the instrumentation to be accurate, at least I do.....did.
You would think that Harley-Davidson knowing about this issue with most of their bikes that they'd fix the problem on future ones and find a fix at no cost for bikes already on the street.

You would think that Harley-Davidson knowing about this issue with most of their bikes that they'd fix the problem on future ones and find a fix at no cost for bikes already on the street.

Or provide everybody with that badge! :D

If Harley as in most speedometers were accurate, look what would could happen with the court system with excessive speeding tickets given out. GPS would then be capable of recording and freeze framing to use as evidence of speed. Then the 10 mph over would probably go away...... yada yada yada.
So why fix what is not broken.

There's a thing called a "Speedohealer" that you can buy that will let your Speedometer and your Odometer show correct readings.Try searching at the address listed below:

HealTech Electronics Ltd. – Smart Tech for your Ride

My 1997 Triumph 595 Daytona reads around 10% high,and until I figured this out,i was constantly being tailgated and pushed from behind.Something I've NEVER taken kindly to-whether in a car,truck or on a bike.

Have a look.It might be just what you're looking for.

Back