free website stats program speedo & rev counter fail | Harley Davidson Forums

speedo & rev counter fail

dougiehead

hi all
charged the batt and re connected ,now speedo and rev counter wont work,checked fuse and all connections I could find can you please help.:17:

06 sportster,just connected to a trickel charge to keep it sweet as I had left it standing for a while away on work reconnected and they did not work that is all I did ,I dont know if i shorted some thing or knocked a wire out ,checked all that I could see,thanks for the help:x

From what you posted, it sounds like you removed or disconnected the battery to charge it. I would start with checking the battery connectins to make sure they are clean and tight. I recommend removing them and wire brushing them both to be sure. There are a lot of times when they look OK but they aren't.Also look around the battery area for a wire that may have been connected to the battery that wasn't replaced if it had been disconnected.
The common sence things come first, then you have to test point to point to see where you are loosing the power. You didn't mention if the bike starts and runs OK or not.
If you have a manual, this would help in testing it out. If not, it's a great investment for anyone that wants to work on their own bike.

thanks very much for all the info ,just so it might help some one else,one of the "pins" in the main connector under the gas tank had broken off why this happened no one seems to know anyway all is well,must get me a manual.:s

Back