free website stats program Speedo question. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedo question.

Thats what got me started. I had read that they are all off by 5 mph, but when my wife was running beside me(in the truck, before you ask), she said it was dead on at 60. Thanks for the answers. I now know how to run in the speed zones.

Keep in mind we as riders of motorcycles already have a target on us that said with the reality shows and hype about Harleys it may give some LEO a reason to be suspicious case in point I had a State Trooper here in Jacksonville pull me over He held me up for about half an hour this and that when I finally asked him if he was going to ticket me he said NAH just wanted to get a good look at your bike, this when I had Fishtail drags, blue dot lights and a non DOT helmet:p

just remembered when I installed my Baker reverse and helical cut 5th gear had to recalibrate speedo at 55,65 and 75 mph so 6th gear light would work properly and still couldn't get it perfect

Notice when my gps is on, the speed is about the same depending on which gear I'm in. Lower gears are closer.

Back