free website stats program Speedo Changes | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedo Changes

dodomrkc

Hello all,
Thinking about changing the speedo from the stock to one of the fancy upgraded ones, question is, does the dealer have to be the one to re-instate the mileage on the new speedo or is there a way where the shadetrees like us can do this?
Just wondering if anyone knew how they actually do this process?

:cheers

Hello all,
Thinking about changing the speedo from the stock to one of the fancy upgraded ones, question is, does the dealer have to be the one to re-instate the mileage on the new speedo or is there a way where the shadetrees like us can do this?
Just wondering if anyone knew how they actually do this process?

:cheers

Hello dodomrkc:D

Sorry don't have the answer:), actually am looking to do the same on my bike, I want to install the aluminum spun gauges on my EGC, am sure someone done it before.:s

i wanted a tac on my bike so i went with the speedo with the tac in it. the dealer puts the mileage on it . i installed it in about 10 mins. very easy to install on a newer bikes it just plugs in.:bigsmiley17:

i wanted a tac on my bike so i went with the speedo with the tac in it. the dealer puts the mileage on it . i installed it in about 10 mins. very easy to install on a newer bikes it just plugs in.:bigsmiley17:

Hello 07RK,:D

Did they charged you for adjusting the speedo? if so, How much?:dknow

Hello 07RK,:D

Did they charged you for adjusting the speedo? if so, How much?:dknow

When you buy the speedo, they ask you what mileage you want on the new one. You kind of have to guess, since it's a special order. I got a speedo/tach combo and I really enjoy now knowing where I am in the power range. Of course I got it at the same time I got a stage 1 mod kit. The dealer wanted an hour's labor to put it in at $110 per hour. I managed to do it in about 25 minutes.

Hello Rican Glider:bigsmiley28: i bought the combo Speedo and tach part #74676-07 page 503 item f. price in H-D big book $499.95 but i bought it from surdyke.com for $406.20 :D most of there parts are 20% off. and no they did not charge to reinstate the mileage:sd nor did they verify my mileage. i just told them what it was.the thing i did not like is it took about 40 days they are very slow:bigsmiley5: i also use Chicago H-D they seem a lot faster it is easy to install just plug it in and your done.it may be a good idea to disconnect the batt first :bigsmiley17:

Last edited:
Thanks 07ROADKING:bigsmiley8:
is on the have to have list.:19:

Man this is an addiction:bigsmiley30: so many upgrades so little money.:panic

I went to the dealer yesterday just to get some ideas, when i got back the wife didn't believed me I didn't buy anything, she even check the car trunk.:tounge
I got to sneak the parts in.:bigsmiley25:

Thanks 07ROADKING:bigsmiley8:
is on the have to have list.:19:

Man this is an addiction:bigsmiley30: so many upgrades so little money.:panic

I went to the dealer yesterday just to get some ideas, when i got back the wife didn't believed me I didn't buy anything, she even check the car trunk.:tounge
I got to sneak the parts in.:bigsmiley25:

It sometimes takes a lot of willpower not to buy chrome when you know there are other expenses that take priority. :bigsmiley31:

Last edited:
Back