free website stats program Spectro oil | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro oil

I used the spectro golden american many years ago in a 5 speed trans before the days of the Spectro platinum and it worked well back then too. That was the GL1 of years ago. If I remember it was a black bottle with some gold and red lettering but don't hold me to that part :D

on the label it says its a very special blend of full- synthetic base oils and the very latest gear oil additive technology.it also says made especialy for harley big twin gear boxes.dark gray or charcoal color bottle with yellow,white and black writing on a orange background.

went on spectro's web site.cant find the stuff i have.got it about a year and a half ago.what they call heavy duty platinum gear oil 75/140 reads the same as what i have.

I've been searching for it too but can't locate it. I believe that's the same as I used before the new product from your description. It's a very good oil for the trans.

welp i heard so much bout spectro gear oil in the tranny i actually switched. with a running total of 115,000 on the springer im pretty familiar with bout most anything this evo can throw at me.. And the conclusion is-- yes the spectro is clearly superior. i have gone tween redline an mobil 1 an now spectro -- spectro ties redline for 1st lucas an mobile -- 2nd as my choice for trans fluid.

Back