free website stats program Spectro Heavy Duty Oil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro Heavy Duty Oil

Dennis Kirk sells Spectro products online too. IMO, I'd stick w/what's convenient - M1 20W50 Synth is equally as good for the motor & much preferred over HD's Synth.

What are the pros and cons of this oil? I use Spectro in my transmission, and Spectro in the primary, but use Mobile 1 in the engine.

They are great products. Is the engine oil superior to other products as well?

This one...

I use Spectro also, Platinum 20-50 for engine, 6 speed gear oil for tranny and Heavy duty for primary. I can purchase locally or get it at Bob's Cycle Supply for 78.93 including delivery. I won't compromise for a few bucks and use cheap oil.

I justed ordered a Qt of Spectro from Bob's Cycle today. Around $20 with shipping. I know it is spendy, but one Qt. every 10K really means nothing in the entirety of it all. I do have a question since we are on the subject. I changed my break in oil at 1K and went to Mobile 1 V Twin, HD + and the first go around at 5K I used Mobil 1 Tranny lube but have since went to Spectro for 6 speeds. I will be changing it (tranny) in the next week or so. Question is how often do I need to replace tranny fluid? I change oil and primary fluid every 5K as I did the tranny. Manual calls for 20K on tranny fluid. I am thinbking I should go every other time on tranny. (10K) Good enuff? What do you guys do?

Back