free website stats program speakers cutting out on 2010 ultra w amped stereo | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

speakers cutting out on 2010 ultra w amped stereo

Seems like a lot of H-D owners have had intermittant problems with their H-K radios...might want to look at this PDF from Hog Tunes...but the real key is probably to contact H-K and H-D to find out if there are service hardware, software or firmware updates or bulletins to fix what appears to be an all to "familiar problem"...and don't let them tell you "--they all do it"!!!

http://www.hogtunes.com/techzone_files/software_update.pdf

Kind of late but I am having similar problem with the Hogtunes setup. All new hogtunes speakers and amp. Lowers cut out when riding.:(

The problem is in the HK radio. The IC chip in the amplifier module has broken pins or some of the connections to the board have cracked. Have you had to replace your inner fairing mounts yet? Broken fairing mount(s) will almost always cause the radio to experience this problem due to the resulting vibrations. HD knows about this but won't acknowledge it. This is because the use of cheaply made brackets will now result in them having to replace tons of radios which are expensive, even to them. If the bike is still under warranty, insist that they replace the radio. It is my understanding that they have had Harmon-Kardon beef up the radios on the newer bikes but I have no confirmation.

The problem is in the HK radio. The IC chip in the amplifier module has broken pins or some of the connections to the board have cracked. Have you had to replace your inner fairing mounts yet? Broken fairing mount(s) will almost always cause the radio to experience this problem due to the resulting vibrations. HD knows about this but won't acknowledge it. This is because the use of cheaply made brackets will now result in them having to replace tons of radios which are expensive, even to them. If the bike is still under warranty, insist that they replace the radio. It is my understanding that they have had Harmon-Kardon beef up the radios on the newer bikes but I have no confirmation.

Interesting, my '08 HK radio has been doing this for about 6 months now. Had my left bracket replace over 1 year ago and my right bracket last week. Now I know. Thanks.:s

I hope this goes through I 've got the same problem I took my fairing apart checked all the plugs connectors if its not the 3 way switch my my electronic wizzards say its the radio so on tuesday when I get my new switch and install it this weekend I'll have an answer I hope its the switch and not the radio if you have an answer let me know any and all knowledge would be appreciated.... thanks

Hi whats the phone number and address to this place I think I'm gonna need themyou can call me at (EDIT) or post it on this forum

Last edited by a moderator:
2010 Ultra Limited. HK Radio disc skipping. HK radio problem. HD replaces radio, they have had alot of issues with the radios. Had to replace radio antenna wire when changing radio out, appears HD screwed up the installation of the original wire. Guess that explained the lack of radio reception the bike had.

Back