Votes: 47 6.2%
  • NGK iridium

Votes: 69 9.0%
  • Accel Platinum

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Autolite Platinum

Votes: 8 1.0%

• Total voters
It's that with certain brand/type plugs you are more prone to pinging. Doesn't it make any sense to use what the manufacturer specked for the engine instead of something close?

I'm using the NKG Iridium plugs now I'm trying to remove heat from my motor. I used the for around 500 miles and have not seen any big change bike runs fine but still hot.

Only a colder plug MAY remove a little heat but that's questionable too plus the life of the colder plug isn't as good as the regular plug. Plugs serve ONE purpose regardless of the brand/type and that is to light off the mixture. One spark is all it takes. The idea behind the fancy plugs is longevity, nothing more. Used in a car where the plugs may be barely accessible, that's one thing but for the price of the fancy plugs and any benefit that may be derived from them in a harley , they are a waste of money but if it makes you feel better with them, buy and use them.

Correct I did use a colded plug. but I did not see much change I paid 7 bucks each and it was time to change my stock set with 20k on them.

I doubt you'll see any "change" until you get a few miles on them. THEN if you change back to a stock HD plug, there's where you see the difference. Been there done that! :D

HD. There are plenty of things HD sells I won't use. (ie: Syn 3) but plugs are not one of them. I will stick with HD.

Back