Votes: 47 6.2%
  • NGK iridium

Votes: 69 9.0%
  • Accel Platinum

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Autolite Platinum

Votes: 8 1.0%

• Total voters
Sorry, don't use any in the poll. I use Bosch, an will until I find one that gives me the service I've had out of these. The first set had 8k, that were clean as a whistle. The second set has 14k+ an their staying in there until it starts to miss.

Sorry, don't use any in the poll. I use Bosch, an will until I find one that gives me the service I've had out of these. The first set had 8k, that were clean as a whistle. The second set has 14k+ an their staying in there until it starts to miss.

Which Bosch plug are you using?

Which Bosch plug are you using?

Sorry it took so long been on vacation. Bosh YR 6 LDE, little pricey $6-9ea. But far I'm concerned wouldn't use anything but. Found mine for little over $6 on line @Ebay From autoparts.titan1.

Killer thread, but many do swallow the Cool-aid - considering the simple job of a plug, from which I've tried many brands, including NGK Iridiums that did quite well.
I'm stage II because of stage 1 mods plus torque cams and MUCH experimenting with exhaust baffles, and have the last of the carbed Heritages - (2005)
I am now running Pulstar plugs since I had an occasional idle stall - (that I still have; it wasn't the plugs) and the one biggie problem with them is that even if you're running rich, they just stay white and clean, so you can't read your mixtures even after a 70mph run in 3rd gear, or a long chug run. It will always read lean.
That said, I feel much better about chugging thru the burgs just above idle speeds. These guys just don't foul, IMO.

Plugs don't just foul unless something is burning that shouldn't. Rich mixture or oil are the two main culprits. Brand of spark plug is more personal choice than anything. In the car repair biz we usually go with OE in everything. I will do the same in the Ultra when it comes time.

I used NGK iridiums until I got a fault code for rear cylinder misfire at 8000 miles.Pulled them and went back to Harley plugs.No problem since.

I use the cheap Harley plugs and replace them every year.
WAP.gif

Back