free website stats program Southern man in yankee land | Harley Davidson Forums

Southern man in yankee land

ekw13Fatboy

Have been riding for years but have never been further than northern Va and that was on Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. What's it like though central MD, Pa, NY?

Hey DarkKnight and Artimus, I haven't made any definite plans, but look forward as that's one part of the country I haven't seen. I know DK is from up that way and so is Glider. I do like to get on the road though and have the time to go places.

You ought to venture this way again. I'm originally from NC and rode in my early years, since 74, NC Va and SC. Job took me in 77 to NW AL, so i got to ride AL, MS TN quite a bit. Moved back to NC in 89, back to old trails. Job then took me to MS, got to ride W TN, AR, LA. Moved to SW TX nad got to ride q lot of TX, NM, OK and into Mexico(just made a trip to Monterrey a couple of weeks ago). I'm in Texas now, but will be heading back to NC for the holidays.

Thanks for the invite DK, I saw your ride while browsing the other night. Will keep watching your plans to see dates and if I'm on the east coast then maybe I can make it. I'll probably do it like I did Sturgis year before last, make it a 2 week excursion. There's only three events that I've made commitments for 08, Daytona Bikeweek, Republic of Texas(ROT rally), and the 105 HD event.

From spring to mid fall riding southern NY and northern PA is awesome. Stay more central like around RT 15... no where near NYC. Some real nice curves and open roads.

Have been riding for years but have never been further than northern Va and that was on Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. What's it like though central MD, Pa, NY?

Go West Young Man go west !...Been to the east coast through Virgina ...NC etc....been in upstate New York...absolutely breath taking..but the western US is even more breath taken ...The San Juan Skyway...The North Rim of the Grand Canyon...Bryce Canyon...Zion Nat Park....Bear tooth in Montana/Wyoming..the Angel Fire in New Mexico..soooo beautiful all very different..when I was East..all so beautiful but all very similar..its why i love the west the best..lol... I live in Missouri..its nice ..but nother like the east and west coast thats for sure....anywhere I go if its on the bike..even if I go to Wal Mart ..I make it an adventure...lol ..Good Luck..btw gonna go to Canada this year..lol see what up there..lol

Just moved to NC. I've seen some of the west, lived in Texas 7 years. Rode NM, central and eastern CO. Did Sturgis tours, Black hills and such. The far west is another place I haven't ventured to yet. I did get to the OK State Rally this year.

Back