free website stats program Some Questions About Overpants | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Some Questions About Overpants

Joe Rocket Alter Ego.. Add the rain liner for more warmth in the winter. Ride with in the summer without the liner and the vent panel removed for more cooling. That and can wear shorts under 'em. That helps with the cooling. They also have knee and high protectors.

Other than that, in the summer I wear a pair of Icon jeans. They have a stretch vent panels. Re-enforced knees (with kevlar), seams thread (with kelvar), and they will protect you better than regular jeans.

It just depends on how much protection you want. If I'm riding the twisties, in the summer, I wear a riding pant that has additional armor (MotoGp or Alpinestars).

Joe Rocket Alter Ego.. Add the rain liner for more warmth in the winter. Ride with in the summer without the liner and the vent panel removed for more cooling. That and can wear shorts under 'em. That helps with the cooling. They also have knee and high protectors.

Other than that, in the summer I wear a pair of Icon jeans. They have a stretch vent panels. Re-enforced knees (with kevlar), seams thread (with kelvar), and they will protect you better than regular jeans.

It just depends on how much protection you want. If I'm riding the twisties, in the summer, I wear a riding pant that has additional armor (MotoGp or Alpinestars).

Thanks - those Joe Rocket's sound like what I'm looking for - protection with ventilation for the couple really hot months each year and the ability to layer underneath for warmth the rest of the year - and waterproof so you don't have to stop and put on all the rain gear for showers.

Otherwise I was considering leather overpants (around $100 on leatherup.com) for the cool days and Draggin' jeans for warm days. I just hate having to buy and carry 2 items for 1 function, though.

OK, this is starting to drive me crazy!

Just checked out the Joe Rocket Alter Egos and discovered that the liner is required to be in for them to be waterproof. This seems to be the case for a vast majority of the textile riding pants. If I'm going to have to pull over and zip in a liner when it starts to rain, it would make more sense to just have some pull over rain pants.

Doesn't anyone make a textile pant that offers hip/knee protection, breathes well in hot weather, and the fabric itself is waterproof without having to add a liner?

I guess I'm searching for the motorcycle equivalent of the Holy Grail!

So I've been giving some thought to switching from chaps to overpants (I know - thus alienating myself from the majority of the Harley community :p)

I thought overpants were those plastic pants you put over cloth diapers? For me it's leather chaps because I like the way they frame my butt! LOL

No really.

:D

So I've been giving some thought to switching from chaps to overpants (I know - thus alienating myself from the majority of the Harley community :p)

I thought overpants were those plastic pants you put over cloth diapers? For me it's leather chaps because I like the way they frame my butt! LOL

No really.

:D

You really don't want to be subjected to the sight of MY butt framed by chaps! :p

Check out hein gericke I have their tuareg jacket and pants they have hipprotech armour and are goretex with or without the thermal liner
WAP.gif

Thanks Hobbit - just spent a few minutes on their website and they seem to have the most options of just about anyone. Now I just have to figure out the dollar/pound exchange!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Doolittle said:
I thought overpants were those plastic pants you put over cloth diapers? For me it's leather chaps because I like the way they frame my butt! ...
My eyes! My eyes!...

Enjoy,
Rich P

OK, this is starting to drive me crazy!

Just checked out the Joe Rocket Alter Egos and discovered that the liner is required to be in for them to be waterproof. This seems to be the case for a vast majority of the textile riding pants. If I'm going to have to pull over and zip in a liner when it starts to rain, it would make more sense to just have some pull over rain pants.

Doesn't anyone make a textile pant that offers hip/knee protection, breathes well in hot weather, and the fabric itself is waterproof without having to add a liner?

I guess I'm searching for the motorcycle equivalent of the Holy Grail!

the first gear top layer is waterproof

Check out e-bay for ski bibs. Fabrics have come a long way -- wouldn't mind a pair of overalls myself. Built in wind and rain protection with a lot of them. Check out Iron Pony, they have a large selection of riding gear -- not just leather.

Have you guys in the states seen Dragon jeans? You blokes are always ahead of us by 2 years but check these jeans out on the net. They come in standard blue / black as well as a heap of camo colours and are lined with kevlar in all the important places. Knees ,hip butt. They look like normal jeans and come in ladies styles as well. And not too dear. the ad show some bloke gettin dragged around on a race track by a car on his butt. I've got em but haven't tried the kevlar yet and hope not to.

Back