free website stats program Some electrical not working | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Some electrical not working

I did find 1 wire that was pinched and had some wire exposed. I taped it up with electrical tape. all other wires look good. Are there fuses to be checked other than the fuses box?? IE in line fuses??

I did find 1 wire that was pinched and had some wire exposed. I taped it up with electrical tape. all other wires look good. Are there fuses to be checked other than the fuses box?? IE in line fuses??

This is where Id be asking a friend for help.Just taping it up is asking for a break down in the near future.Unless you posses the abillity to solder/schrinkwrap the wires at the housing you cant correctly fix your problem.Itstoo tight an area to mouse it.

I think everything right there under the left side cover, they are hard to see like dangerdan said use a multi tester if you have one, but since you found the wire that was shorting you might be ok, let us know

Well guys, thanks for all of your help. I got out my meter and tested all fuses and there was a bad one. I put everything beck together (including soldering and shrink tubing) and everything works great. Have a great weekend everyone.

Re: Primary oil

I had my motor and transmission seperated for several weeks (2001 Twin Cam 88 B motor). I put everything back together and went to fill in up with oil. The manual says it takes 26 t 28 oz. To get the oil to the bottom of the clutch basket I had to put 42 oz. in it. Any ideas, maybe I wasn't looking at the clutch plates but another part of the clutch. The oil was no where near the clutch inspection opening, but it was toutching the bottom of the clutch. I can't see where it will hurt anything but still would like to know why?

Last edited:
Re: Primary oil

I had my motor and transmission seperated for several weeks (2001 Twin Cam 88 B motor). I put everything back together and went to fill in up with oil. The manual says it takes 26 t 28 oz. To get the oil to the bottom of the clutch basket I had to put 42 oz. in it. Any ideas, maybe I wasn't looking at the clutch plates but another part of the clutch. The oil was no where near the clutch inspection opening, but it was toutching the bottom of the clutch. I can't see where it will hurt anything but still would like to know why?
Welcome to the forum customdeuce,
Do not over-fill the primary chaincase with lubricant. Over-filling may cause rough clutch engagement, incomplete disengagement, clutch drag and/or difficulty in finding neutral at engine idle.
26 oz. sounds right to me for that year, when your looking in the primary the fluid should come just to the very bottom of the clutch with the bike sitting level. the primary is very forgiving unless it's over filled, then you start having clutch problems.

Back