free website stats program Some Competition | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Some Competition

And I thought my road test cones were to close. Ha Ha. Piece of cake compared to these distances. I guess it can be done on a full size Harley.

This seems like a good place to ask a question. I've recently run across some info from "motorman" Palladino using a technic called the friction zone.
It sounds like he feathers the clutch and rides the back brake at low speeds. Has anyone seen his training films?

Great video, did anyone notice that he did it with mini-apes? Watched it several times and still not remember how many times I heard the floorboards scraping, except the big one at the end. Yeah Clint, he was feathering the clutch and blipping the throttle (it is harder to control abrupt throttle response than smooth power using friction zone clutching. He used the back brake a lot, even level the suspension as several times the front end wanted to wash out while he was pitching the bike violently side to side while changing directions.

Last edited:
I've watched this video and many others since last year. Been working the "Ride like a Pro" series also. I'm not even close to these guys. I can only imagine the hours put into practice.
Ugly John

Back