free website stats program Solo Seat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Solo Seat

Just got a used seat from the web at a great price. When I was checking the fit, I noticed the location for the rear mount on the fender is only a hole (with a cap). I was thinking of just swapping out the original one from my two-up seat, but was curious as to how hard it is to install in the new location? Looks like there is not much room under the fender, do I need to but up on a jack to access? If so, is there any benefit of just buying a new one to install in case I want to swap seats if my wife wants to ride on the back? Thinking of flexibility in the future.
Thanks

Just got a used seat from the web at a great price. When I was checking the fit, I noticed the location for the rear mount on the fender is only a hole (with a cap). I was thinking of just swapping out the original one from my two-up seat, but was curious as to how hard it is to install in the new location? Looks like there is not much room under the fender, do I need to but up on a jack to access? If so, is there any benefit of just buying a new one to install in case I want to swap seats if my wife wants to ride on the back? Thinking of flexibility in the future.
Thanks

You may need to buy a new well nut from the stealer for that hole, has your bike had a 2 up seat before?

Jack.
Stock seat is 2 up with well nut back by rear of fender.

Hmmm, so you are going solo, then you will need to put a well nut in that hole, you can fish it up under the fender with a zip tie as a handle, once secure let the zip tie fall out:s

Here's a shot of the LaPera Silhouette solo on my WG.
P1010590.jpg

P1010591.jpg

P1010593.jpg

Sorry everyone, somehow I got a infraction on that last post. Im at the bike fest in austria right now, will post some photos once im back in belgium.

take care,

Sorry everyone, somehow I got a infraction on that last post. Im at the bike fest in austria right now, will post some photos once im back in belgium.

take care,

Ain't no "somehow" about it - you broke the forum rules, which will get you an infraction 99.99% of the time!

If you say so Dr. ;)

Anyway, this post will set stuff straight I hope!

(EDIT)

35eUt.jpg

dVuzK.jpg

Safeh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with Porkchop on the Mustang vintage. Got the 2-up seat for my super glide and loved it, cost $350. Solo will be less but not sure what. Went from stock seat and butt burn within 45 min's to mustang and 2-3 hrs later felt as good as when I started.

Back