free website stats program SOLID rim on an older bike?? | Harley Davidson Forums

SOLID rim on an older bike??

sooty

:bigsmiley10: hey there!! just a quick question...will a rim from a 2000 bike fit on a 1992 springer?:bigsmiley10:

It depends on the axle size and the offset of the rim if any. It was around 2000 that they went to the 1" axle on some of the bikes from the previous 3/4".

ok,i got some details about the rim im lookin at if it helps any.... Fits all 2000 - 2005 Harley Davidson Softail Models including Dyna Models with 1'' axle .The Wheel is off a NightTrain, It will take up to a 150 Wide Tyre. question now is what size axle do i have and if its differant can they be adapted without any hassle?

You should have the 3/4" axle on yours being a '92. Not sure if the bearing change/spacer would be the only thing needed here to use it. I believe it would work but not 100% sure.

I just changed to a soild rear rim on my bike and the rim came off of a 91 dyna. You would think thatwould be close to the same and it wasn't. The rim thickness is different and the hub size is different. I had to machine my rear pully to fit the hub with some spacers behind it. Also instead of the brake brkt sitting aginst the frame I had to machine about a 1/8" spacer to sit between the brake and the fram plus the spacer from the rim to the brake brkt. Making the spacer for the pully side was straight forward. I hope this gives you a little help as to what may or may not need to be done as yo rim may be different than what I ran into.

Cheers

thanks a lot for the info champ,it does help a great deal.it does make me wonder though...do you think it makes much of a differance if the rim was to come from a softail rather than a dyna??

Back