free website stats program Softail Vibration in Pegs | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Vibration in Pegs

Kyle2583

Hello All,

I recently purchased my first Harley, 2008 FXSTC. I rode her down to bike week this weekend and I noticed above 60mph accelerating you can feel vibrations in the foot pegs. There are no vibrations in handlebars. Mainly in 6th gear but is also starting in fifth gear. If you are not accelerating then it is not present. Like I Said this is my first Harley so maybe this is normal, fingers crossed. She only has 2k on her. Other than that a smooth ride and I love the bike. Appreciate all input

Well...you could always check the mounts as being a 2008 model the may be worn some. I don't know what you rode before but keep in mind you are now riding a large displacement 96" two-cylinder and they are going to "thump" a bit. The "B" motor you have has a vibration counter shaft to take out some of the shake, rattle and roll.

when I had a softy,I noticed that when you open it up,you could tell it was mounted to the frame,cause the whole thing shook.

There are rubber dampers at the base of the handlebar mounts which help isolate the handlebars from vibration
Fitting some form of isolating foot pegs can help reduce vibration at the feet I have kuryakyin iso foot pegs which work for me

Brian

Thanks for all the replies. I think she is fine just curious about it. It rides great overall and I love It. Ride Safe All

Kyle2583,

I also have the same year and model and what you describe is a normal if it is just a slight vibration. I assume you have stock pegs, it went away on my bike when I changed over to different foot pegs, Kuryakyn Swingwings, sort of a short floorboard type peg. I also used different attachment hardware, chrome bolts and lock nuts instead of the clevis pin.

Back