free website stats program Softail Heritage Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Heritage Classic

English Mike

Just purchased a 'Live to ride' disc for the standard air filter of my 1450cc Heritage Classic. Does anyone know if you need to remove the stick on twin cam cover first or does it go on top?

Thanks

Mike

Mike

Most of the HD discs can be put on over the existing cover plate. Take the center bolt out and try it to see if it covers to the edge of the original disk. It should give you an indication if it will work with the original in place.

I've used them on top of the original plate and you couldn't see the original.

Ah well, I got brave and decided to remove the original fitment; replaced with the 'ride to live' put it back on and hey presto it looks great.

Mike

Funny you should mention it Mike, I just removed the stock disc off the football cover yesterday and after using some thinners to carefully remove the adhesive that it left, the look of the stock cover without the disc on it looks custom.

I like it!

Funny you should mention it Mike, I just removed the stock disc off the football cover yesterday and after using some thinners to carefully remove the adhesive that it left, the look of the stock cover without the disc on it looks custom.

I like it!

As you mention that particular route, I used 'zippo' lighter fluid as I find it gentler than thinners, it did take a while but the worst was pushing the adhesive off with one finger then using another to get the residue of that finger, then the other hand to get that bit off my remaining finger and.........well, I got there in the end. Sticky stuff it is for certain:31:

Back