free website stats program So, what do you do ?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

So, what do you do ??

Hey Smitty,

They probably don't lay that much salt (if any) your way since it just gets cold and snows!!!!! :bigsmiley10:

Well, I have to say, I ride year round, but WHEN it snows here in the very northern reaches of the Phoenix area (usually in Cave Creek - ~5 min north of me.), it doesn't stay very long :no . For example, it snowed :ap about 1/2 to 1 inch two years ago and that lasted about 2 hours - hardly enough to bring out the salt, but it did cause some of the Saguaros' arms :small3d009: to bend downward!!

That said -- I would like to welcome you all to the Phoenix area any time you feel the need to ride without snow, salt - you get the idea. However, I need to warn you, we do have snowbirds'. What's a snowbird? It, is one of those pesky old drivers that is retired and unable to handle the winter :newsmile033: where you live. They migrate here (to escape the 'cold' :newsmile062: ) and drive us crazy on the roads. You know the kind, either drive vveeeerrrrrrryyyy slowly or so fast, they have to slam on the brakes at a stop . They turn right from the left lane and never use a center lane to turn left. You get the idea :panic -- of course you do, driving there is so much easier now without them, if you discount the weather factors.

Anyway, if you want to come down this way, I'd be glad to show you around or point out the cool riding areas. :D

By the way, when I lived in Missouri, Wisconsin, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia -- I reluctantly :cry would put my bike away until the salt cleared -- it was way to harsh. As for my current ride, she is so special to me, NO WAY :nosad she will be subjected to salt if I can help it!!

CatWoman ::rider

CatWoman, you are invited to the central coast of California after you show everyone around Arizona and show them the cool riding areas. Then I'll show you around and show you the cool riding areas along the California coast.

CatWoman, you are invited to the central coast of California after you show everyone around Arizona and show them the cool riding areas. Then I'll show you around and show you the cool riding areas along the California coast.

Sounds like a Great Plan!! :bigsmiley12:

Thank you, very much - I'll take you up on that!!

CatWoman :rider

I was planning on putting the King away for the winter but we had some really nice weather here in Michigan last weekend. I was out for a long ride on Friday and a fuel line started leaking pretty bad. I decided it was not wise to ride with the rear cylinder and exhaust pipes flooded with gas so I had to leave it at the dealer and wait for parts to come in. I missed the rest of the good riding weather and will probably be looking at snow on the ground by the time I get it out of there. Looks like that is it for this year, I will clean and lubricate everything and look forward to a nice Spring.

Hey everyone, party at Jims house.:D

Please post the address and directions Jim.:worthy You can send him a PM too.

And thanks!

when the snow hits hard I drop the insurance coverage to minimum and put the battery tender on till the roads are clean again.

I like the sound of Arizona...But the snow birds do worry me. I believe these are the same birds that migrate here to Maine in the summer. They usually have FL or AZ plates on their Town Cars and fly erratically. Their vehicles are equipped with directional lights which they rarely use, because they do not know where they are going. :newsmile040:

Back