free website stats program Snow, Snow, Go away! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Snow, Snow, Go away!

As the season winds down, I usually have two lists.
1. Ride plans for next season
2. What do I need to work on during the parked winter months.

This winter included the usual 3 hole fluid changes but I also needed to replace the brake pads myself (a first!). As I was planning a cross country (Calgary to Montreal) ride next summer, I wanted more storage and a different look. With the help of ebay and kijiji I've been working on a makeover for the Mistress (or my softail bagger project).
IMG_0080.jpg

tn728s3.jpg

tn729s3.jpg

tn727s3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Six inches of snow here in Quincy il, and freezing cold. I just took the fatboy out for a ride. I put at least a tenth of a mile on it in the garage, wow good ride. lol:shock

As the season winds down, I usually have two lists.
1. Ride plans for next season
2. What do I need to work on during the parked winter months.

This winter included the usual 3 hole fluid changes but I also needed to replace the brake pads myself (a first!). As I was planning a cross country (Calgary to Montreal) ride next summer, I wanted more storage and a different look. With the help of ebay and kijiji I've been working on a makeover for the Mistress (or my softail bagger project).

Airdrie,

Not sure when you plan the ride to Montreal but, HOG has a rally in Thunder Bay July 28 - 30. Might be a good pit stop along the way........

Cheers.

Oh, and I happen to live in a region where lake effect snow can be brutal. We've had snow since the beginning of December and no end in sight. It's gonna be a long one but, looking at some travel plans for the summer.......

Last edited:
Actually when I was reading thru the thread and came upon this post...I figured I would give myself one along with The Tank...in the 50's this morning, sunny and not a cloud in the sky...guess Il'll ride...:hii

Might as well give me one of those I ride every day sorry about the winter lay ups for you all, one more reason to move South IMO

Having trekked around the world with the army for 25 years i came back to my home area when my service time was over perhaps the weather is not great for riding in the winter although i have in the past ridden all year round although over the last couple of years the winters seem to be more harsh than in the past the words the coldest winter on record have been used the last couple of years i cant see myself moving anywhere else
so i will wait for better weather but if like last year it does not come till may ill start chuntering about it again

Brian

@nakkers

The Calgary-Montreal scoot should be around Canada Day (1 July). I expect to leave mid-June and return mid-July. I plan on taking a different route (north and south of lakes) each way. It looks like I'll miss the Thunder Bay HOG rally this year.

I finally got a good ride in today. 300 plus miles. The day was a beauty here in Texas great for riding. Sorry Sean if I am rubbing it in I don't mean too..:small3d026::newsmile01:
Kemo

Back