free website stats program Snow Day for the Southeast | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Snow Day for the Southeast

I was just out riding yesterday, I'm located between Philidelphia and Atlantic City, The 28F temp wasn't the problem or even the residual snow and ice.... the killer was all the salt blowing around on the roads and under my face gear... burnt the (EDIT) out of my eyes.
back in the day Jersey used to use that orange dirt and we never had the corrosion and didn't have to worry about salt getting in your eyes. Anybody else having a problem with this, our cars are rotting out before their even paid off.
Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I was seriously considering moving to Florida but the AARP has a minimum age requirement, you need one of those cards to live down there, right? Just kidding... I have family there and my brother busts my stones all the time about the weather being more favorable for year-round riding, I have just too many ties up here right now but eventually I will be down there.

That nasty weather went through SC before it moved into NC and points further north. Charleston, SC is not supposed to have weather like this, but it does happen occasionally. For us, it was an ice storm. Not the worst this area has ever seen, but bad enough. Of course, the tree limbs get coated with ice and start to sag, then eventually they start breaking and it seems like most of them bring down power lines. I have my 5th wheel setup in a trailer park for the winter, and our power went out for 7 hours Monday night. Being an RV, I had a propane furnace and battery power. Being an older model, my batteries are apparently pretty weak. After about an hour, I noticed the light were starting to dim. Had to nose the truck up to the goose neck and use jumper cables from the truck to the RV batteries and then run the truck for 10 minutes every hour to keep the power up. We were the only warm and lighted place in the park.

The bike? squeezed under the goose neck and shivering. Entirely too nasty to be out there riding. :newsmile077:

Maybe there is something to global warming afterall? Maybe in a few years all of you up north can ride year round. I am originally from NY and have enjoyed being able to ride all 12 months.

Global Warming, ya gotta love it. If the temp rises, the cause is due to global warming. If the temp falls, the cause is due to global warming. If it rains more, if it rains less, either way, global warming caused it. OOPS, I meant to say "Climate Change" caused it.
:D

I was seriously considering moving to Florida but the AARP has a minimum age requirement, you need one of those cards to live down there, right? Just kidding... I have family there and my brother busts my stones all the time about the weather being more favorable for year-round riding, I have just too many ties up here right now but eventually I will be down there.

Best thing I ever did, even tho we are colder than normal We can and do ride every day here, least ways I do, come on down:p

Here in northern Indiana (South Bend) it's snowing (again.) Last weekend we got a total of approx. 38". In a 24 hour period (7:00am Friday to 7:00am Saturday) we got approx. 28".
So far today we've only seen an inch or so.....but every time I come through the garage I get to look at my '09 Electra Glide Classic (with the Desert Dawgs I got for Christmas.) Can't wait for Spring!

Back